Together, these responsibilities are called safeguarding.
At Sunnyside Spencer Academy, the safety and welfare of our children is at the heart of everything we do. We recognise our safeguarding responsibilities to include:
- creating a safe environment for children and young people through robust safeguarding practices;
- ensuring that adults who work in school, including volunteers, are able to work with children safely, and are properly trained and equipped to do so;
- teaching children and young people to stay safe; and
- maintaining an environment in which children feel confident to approach any member of staff if they have a worry or problem.
As part of our safeguarding delivery Sunnyside Spencer Academy follows the procedures set out by the Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Children Board Procedures and take account of guidance issued by the Department for Children, Schools and Families (in particular Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education 2007).
Links to safeguarding resources used in school can be found here.
Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Miss Emily Hall
- Contact: email@example.com