Category: All Information
Governance is the process by which any organisation or group organises in order to be able to make decisions. In schools, this includes the governing body, who are responsible for scrutiny of decisions made in school and for driving improvement, and the processes and policies which allows the school to work effectively and appropriately.
As a member school within a multi-academy trust, responsibility for the governance of Sunnyside Spencer Academy ultimately derives to the Board of Trustees appointed to the Spencer Academies Trust. In common with all Spencer schools, Inkersall Primary Academy has a Local Governing Body (LGB), which is technically defined as a committee of the Trust Board.
The powers defining the legal relationship between Sunnyside Spencer Academy and The Spencer Academies Trust, together with the delegation of general powers within the trust, are set out in a document called the Scheme of Delegation.
- The Scheme of Delegation used at Sunnyside Spencer Academy can be found here.
- The Trust governor handbook can be found here.
- A copy of other Trust governance documents are available here.
|Paul Brockless||Dr. Roy Bradshaw|
|Beth Homer||Emily Hall
- Matt Davies (Principal)
- Dianne Raynor (Chair of Governors & Safeguarding Governor)
- Verity Lee (Staff Governor)
- Paul Brockless (Chair of Quality & Standards and SEND Governor)
- Dr Roy Bradshaw (Community Governor)
- Beth Homer (Parent Governor)
- Emily Hall (Staff Governor)
- Tanya Palmer-Aston (Parent Governor)
- Register of Pecuniary & Business Interests
- 2017-18 Governor Monitoring Plan
- Governor Attendance 2018-19
- Governor Attendance 2017-18
- Governor Attendance 2016-17
- Master Funding Agreement
Claire has completed the National Clerks Development Programme and has access to a network of support through the Trust's half-termly Clerks Briefings.